Do you have a meaningful mini-challenge that supports sustainability?
Our student-led engagement programme, Live Smart is launching its new community challenge which aims to help students connect with their local community and across social groups while taking local action for the Global Goals in Gloucestershire. See the student brief here.
Students will have the opportunity to work individually or in teams to take part in activities which we will then celebrate at an event in Gloucester Cathedral in the spring. Find out about last year’s pilot celebration in this short film.
These activities might include for example:
- Planting a local garden to support wellbeing
- Offering ‘consultancy support’ to help you with your sustainability goals
Do you have an exciting opportunity that might fit?
It needs to:
- Be happening between the beginning of November and the end of March
- Take no more than a few hours overall (but this could be over one or several activities)
- Support at least one of the Global Sustainable Development Goals
- Make links with the 3 pillars of sustainability (the connections between people, profit, and planet)
Initial challenges will be advertised to students at the end of October, so please let us know:
- If you have a project idea and would like to join in
- If you’d like our help to create an opportunity around what you are already doing
- You’d like to join in our challenge and celebration in another way.
If you don’t have an idea ready for launch, don’t worry – there is still scope to promote new opportunities until the end of 2019.
Get in touch with Charlotte and Miriam: email@example.com