We’ve launched our progressive Sustainability Strategy 2022-2027, setting out ambitious goals to achieve positive impacts across the University, for students, staff and our wider communities.
As a sector leader in sustainability, this is our third cross-university strategy and it reflects the maturity of our practice and the results of our innovation to date. Sustainability remains an anchor theme in the University’s Strategic Plan, underpinned by our joined-up approach to sustainability and Education for Sustainability.
This strategy builds on key achievements of our 2017-2022 strategy that include being named the number one most sustainable UK university for the 2nd time in 2019, in the student-led People and Planet league, and exceeding our carbon reduction targets by 2020.
The University’s Strategic Plan carries the vision of ‘changing your world, so you can change ours’ and the sustainability programme builds on this, through three interlocking aspects:
- We will embed Education for Sustainability into all undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- We will maximise our research outcomes and impact for sustainability
- We will maintain our leading performance and continual improvement in sustainability
- We will meet 2027 emissions reduction targets towards our aim of Carbon Net Zero by 2030
- We will empower students to drive sustainability change within and beyond the University
- We will collaborate with stakeholders to develop skills and practice in sustainability
The whole university community plays its part in our sustainability work, and the actions of our staff, students and partners are crucial in ensuring we realise our ambitious goals.
Find out how you can be part of the drive for sustainability at UOG:
This new strategy for sustainability shows our rising ambition in this agenda, after many years of leading change across the university environment, pioneering new learning and research in sustainability, and working with other universities to develop good practice. This agenda has never been more urgent and more relevant for our students and their futures and we are keen to keep innovating in this space to support their success.
We love to celebrate best practice from across the University – please email email@example.com to share any changes or examples from your area.