About RCE severn
RCE Severn is our Regional Centre of Expertise in Sustainability Education acknowledged by the United Nations University, covering Gloucestershire and the surrounding Severn region. The work of the RCE is key to the University’s sustainability strategy – creating activities and projects that connect our students and staff with external partners in the region, to collaborate for change.
Hosted by the University and co-ordinated by the sustainability team, RCE Severn is one of over 150 RCEs across the world supporting local learning and change towards the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). RCE Severn was established in 2008 and works with public, private and third sector partners on training activities, applied projects and other opportunities.
Email our RCE Severn Co-ordinator to get involved.
Mission of RCE Severn
The RCE Severn aims to support sustainability through:
- Collaboration – on multi-sector and cross-regional learning and change for sustainability
- Capacity building – sharing learning, developing projects, exchanging best practices
- Professional opportunities – creating ways for people to gain practical experience in sustainability
- Supporting innovation – transformative learning and real world research for sustainability
- Influencing change – acting with local, national and global partners to inform policy and practice
The RCE has strategic advisors from different sectors to inform its development and direction, representing key stakeholder groups to broker collaborative action on sustainability in our region.