RCE SEVERN: FIND OUT MORE
RCE Severn is a Regional Centre of Expertise in Sustainability Education acknowledged by the United Nations University, and covering the West Midlands and South West of England.
Hosted by the University of Gloucestershire, RCE Severn is part of a growing network of more than 150 RCEs across the world. The RCE initiative aims to facilitate local learning and change towards the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The RCE Severn network was established in 2008 and now has 150+ local members across the region, from business, government, educational, community and voluntary organisations.
The mission of RCE Severn is to:
- Develop a cross-sectoral and cross-regional collaboration platform focused on learning and change for sustainability that adds value to existing initiatives.
- Facilitate shared learning, develop projects, and exchange best practice to build capacity and make tangible contributions to long-term change for sustainability.
- Create opportunities for people to gain practical experience in sustainability through voluntary activities and professional opportunities.
- Broker collaboration and seek resources to develop transformative learning projects and applied research for sustainability.
- Engage with local, national and international partners to build collaboration and to influence strategies and policies that impact on the work of RCE partners.