RCE SEVERN: FIND OUT MORE
RCE Severn is a Regional Centre of Expertise in Sustainability Education acknowledged by the United Nations University, and covering the West Midlands and South West of England.
Hosted by the University of Gloucestershire, RCE Severn is part of a growing network of more than 150 RCEs across the world. The RCE initiative aims to facilitate local learning and change towards the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The RCE Severn network was established in 2008 and now has 150+ local members across the region, from business, government, educational, community and voluntary organisations.
The mission of RCE Severn is to:
- Facilitate shared learning opportunities, such as workshops, skills sharing and training events
- Provide first-hand experience of sustainability through volunteering, internships and work placements
- Enable people and groups across sectors to collaborate on joint sustainability projects and funding bids
- Add value to existing initiatives and networks by providing cross-sectoral and cross-regional learning and exchanges
- Influence key national and regional strategies that impact on the work of RCE partners
- Build capacity and connections to raise awareness and create opportunities to work together for long-term change