Radical Sustainability masterclass 12 February
The University hosted an exclusive event to advance sustainability as critical to the future of business in partnership with Interface, corporate sustainability pioneers who placed 3rd in the 2018 Globescan sustainability leaders survey. 25 companies took part along with staff from across the University. You can see the headline presentations here.
Becky Parrish Jon Khoo Oliver Heath
The event included:
1. A Student competition – congratulations to all 8 finalists who exhibited their work from across 8 different courses. Special congratulations to our winners:
- Jacob Neal – individual winner, who won work experience with Interface, including the chance to go to Clerkenwell Design Week, for his concept about using forgotten spaces to build communities.
- The Events Management team – Group winner for hosting an event which educated visitors at the Cheltenham Jazz Festival about ocean pollution.
- Nancy Harris – The highly commended entry, who showed how we can upcycle military clothing to reduce the amount of synthetic fibres in landfill.
2. Business masterclass: attended by over 25 companies with expert input from Interface to help senior personnel drive sustainability forward in their organisations
See the full programme here.
Radical Sustainability is funded by LIFT: Learning Innovation for Tomorrow and is part of our external engagement work in sustainability through RCE Severn, our United Nations designated regional centre of expertise in sustainability education.
To find out more contact Alex Ryan directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The competition was judged by experts from Interface, supported by members of the University Sustainability Team.