YOUR STUDENTS’ UNION
The Students Union works closely to support the University in all its sustainability activities and has had some big successes of its own including:
- Gold Green Impact status since 2011.
- Finalist in the UK Green Gown awards for student sustainability initiatives and campaigns.
- One of the first Student’s Unions to form its own allotment society.
- Fairtrade status – all University clothing in the SU is bought from Epona, a Fairtrade, Fairwear and WRAP certified clothing company owned by the National Union of Students.
- Awarded £289,790 from the NUS Green Fund in 2013 to deliver ‘Greener Gloucestershire’; a 3 year project with 5 strands of student led sustainability activities across campuses and in the community.
Be a global athlete – Get involved with sustainability through your university sports club. Global Athletes is encouraging sports teams to have a positive influence on the local and global community and in their practices via an inter-sports club sustainability competition.
Contact the sports officer for more details.