Annual Sustainability Report published for 2019-2020
We’re proud to release our Annual Sustainability Report for 2019-2020 which shares performance and celebrates achievements, across all aspects of sustainability in the life of our university.
This is the 4th report on delivery of the University’s Sustainability Strategy 2017-2022. It reflects the action of staff, students and partners who contributed to this year’s progress. Top stories include:
- Success for our pioneering Who Cares recruitment campaign which killed the printed prospectus and won Best Sustainable/Green Campaign at the Northern Marketing Awards. See page 7.
- Close of our Carbon Strategy to 2020 having exceeded our goal of 40% emissions reduction since 2005 and delivered major biodiversity improvements at Oxstalls campus. See pages 8-9.
- How we adapted to the pandemic as well as the climate change agenda – with students and the SU making a big impact for sustainability in 2019-20. See pages 10-11.
- How our education, research and collaborations for sustainability are creating and applying sustainability skills and giving our graduates the insight to make changes in their careers. See pages 12-19..
- The impacts of the pandemic on travel, energy, waste and university life, plus our contributions to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. See pages 25-27.
We are always happy to hear feedback on our report from our students, staff and partners – please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on social (Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram) to keep up with our sustainability stories and ways to get involved.